the grass will never be greener than you decide it is today


Friday, March 4, 2011

filled...

This poor blog is so tragically neglected, what an awful owner i am. nevertheless, i felt that my devoted followers deserved an update on the life of one Rozie J. I'd love to start off by saying that I will soon be embarking on the biggest adventure thus far in my lifetime :) I have been accepted to the Meso America study abroad program at BYU Idaho for the spring semester. words cannot describe my excitement, i don't know what to do with myself. All i can say is that you all should be ecstatic about the picure posts that will inevitably ensue throughout the entire trip. (and the KILLER tan that i am sure to get as i study latin american culture on the mystic white beaches of Mexico)
I think these would look smashing on my feet as i walk through a village in Guatemela. Thoughts?

There have been so many things weighing on my mind lately, almost to the point of explosion, so please forgive if this post is a little frantic. School has been a tremendous learning experience already, and its hard to believe that midterms have come and gone. It feels like my life is just a novel, and each day is but a mere paragraph that i briefly skim over. How is it that time and life are so fleeting? I despise the lack of control i feel over how quickly or slowly time passes. I have grown so close to my dear Father in Heaven this semester. Each day he is teaching me. He molds me and shapes me; even when its not a conscious effort on my part. Isn't it so true of life? The challenges, experiences, and trails we go through in this life change us. for better or worse, it is inevitable. I want to make the best of all that comes my way. My darling Marianne is finally home and i cannot describe the overwhelming feeling of "wholeness" that i received as i was able to have her by my side again. i'm sure its something like what engaged people feel, only with far less an inclination to publicly mack. speaking of marriage, i think i can finally feel spring here in rexburg. i could have sworn i smelled mosquito repellent in sacrament meeting a few weeks ago and i almost cried from the hurt that i feel inside myself for summer, pine basin, my chacos, boating, downtown music festivals in idaho falls, farmer's markets, traveling, porter park with sarah and caleb, lagoon, walking gordo around the greenbelt, (remember that time, neis??) the fourth of july, just everything about summer. everything. my uncle let me borrow his thousand dollar camera for a few weeks. haven't had a chance to take it out for a spin yet, but photos will hopefully be up soon :) (if i can find anything beautiful to photograph at this wretched time of year. ugh) his cam's not digital, its old school film, which is something i am completely unfamiliar with, but it's always good to experiment. oh, i almost forgot! i bought a car, everyone! his name is Kujo,he's a 1999 toyota corolla.
This is Teagan, the lovely young one i've been sitting for. we have fun together :)


Isn't she just adorable? :)


This is the life we lead


best friends :)

the chances of him making it onto the top ten list of trashiest cars ever is highly likely, but i've learned never to judge a book by its cover, and we've grown ever so fond of one another. but unfortunately doves, the school work procrastination must end now, so i'll bid you all adieu. please do comment. i'd love to hear how life is treating all you lovelies. love, love, love... -R

2 comments:

  1. did i mention that i love you?! you are a light and inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um i absolutely remember that walk. and how he pooped and that lady was livid. ha! also a beautiful thing is heading your way to photograph this weekend (me...) haha joking. but seriously... ben's gettin hitched and all that on Saturday so...

    ReplyDelete