the grass will never be greener than you decide it is today


Sunday, March 28, 2010

learing to let go, such a hard lesson to be learned

Today i found myself on facebook (which kills me to say) but nonetheless i was there, and started listening to the video/audio postings of Bonnevaires songs. There i sat in my living room, listening to Tis Winter Now, reciting the lyrics to my roommate. I wept as a spoke them to her, and she listened with an expression of indifference toward the music and the meaning. I have found that this is the single downfall to being a member of this incredible choir. Trying to make others understand the immense, significant, substantial impact that it has made on your life. I'm sure all Bonnevaire alumni and current participants reading this can attest to that. Yet still we will all go on trying to explain, trying desperately to help all that we come in contact with to understand the exceptional value with which those experiences are held within our souls. It has meant so much to me. Its frustrating that all words to describe it are such an understatement. I have always been one to struggle with change, and as i strive to move on, to join new choirs and meet new people, it doesn't hold a candle to the songs i have sung with the people i have sung them with. I know that i must continue my journey, yet i believe beyond any doubt that the places i have yet to go will be greatly influenced by the places i have come from. it is my silent prayer that the things i cherished in my past shall be the things i enjoy in eternity. I thank God every time i think of how blessed i have been. So blessed. There are things that are more difficult to let go of than others, but knowing that they will never truly be lost gives me faith to release my grip, however slowly i may be inclined. and Lord, please let me regain my grasp, in time. Someday... someday. -R

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, Rozie... you have a poet's soul. Sing away my songbird...

    ReplyDelete