the grass will never be greener than you decide it is today


Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March came in like a lamb


i love all seasons, but something about spring brings out the best in me. its odd, because spring in idaho is hideous, but i've grown to love it... i love how on sunny days the light reflects off of the snow to make everything seem brighter. i can't drive past a puddle and not go splashing through it. the breeze that cools down my neck as i walk up to the ricks with the sun beating down is invigorating. wearing shades in the summer is great, but i it feel on top of the world when i'm sporting flips and shades on a chilly spring day. makes me feel like a true idaho gal. spring makes me want to go out and buy cute colorful summer dresses and strappy sandals. i wonder why the inventor of the calender didn't make spring the beginning of the year. to me, it just makes sense. spring inspires, motivates, is cheery, its the perfect start to a new year. late winter months are the dreariest time of year. why would anyone choose those months to represent new beginnings? spring has inspired me to be more consistent, reliable, committed to my goals, to get my hair cut... i actually have a desire to be outside, which is a first since my time here in rexburg. yesterday in my religion class my teacher quoted boyd k packer, "the idle mind is the devil's workshop". i really took this to heart, and i've decided to start some new hobbies. i want to make a kite and fly it (like on mary poppins) i want to be outside more than i am inside. its easier to think intelligent thoughts when one has intelligent things to look at. i miss swinging... closing my eyes as i pump my legs, feeling like i'm soaring. swings were made for spring, i'm almost sure of it. spring makes me miss my lovely bonnevaires. going on tour, large ensemble, laughing on the bus with the windows rolled down. such an incredible miracle that such a short span of time can have such a lasting impact. but i suppose such is life, a mere breath of air in the enormous spectrum of eternity. but oh how essential a breath it is... love, love, love -R

No comments:

Post a Comment