the grass will never be greener than you decide it is today


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Splendid

Today i'm blogging from my Arch 100 class, which is wretched. Have i told you all that i want to be an architect? I do. Someone once told me that i've found my passion, and i want to believe that's true. The great thing about passions is that they are totally up to you. You get to be passionate about whatever you want. Here are a few of my passions:
-graham crackers and milk
-vanilla pudding
-houses (how they look, how they make you feel, everything about them. i've spent days just driving up on the hill to look at the beautiful designs. I think houses are the owners visual form of happiness, what they want in life. for me i want windows, gardens, a library, and sweeping staircases)
-Charlotte Russe
-Shoes (its more like a religion than a passion, actually)
-Gossip Girl
-my little sisters
-architecture
-chaco's (mostly just the tan line they give me on my feet in the summer)
-pine basin summer camp
-popsicles
-audrey hepburn
-traveling
-friendships (the ones that you know will last forever)
A passion is a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire. i like that definition. a friend of mine once told me that he didn't think he had a passion, but i would have to disagree. A passion can just be something that you are fond of, or enthusiastic about. Passions are the driving force of life. If you are sure that you don't have a passion, think again, and ask yourself what you are living for. the answer to that question is your passion, and i'd be willing to bet that there are multiple answers to that question for everyone. Thinking on this got me thinking about the value of life, and how short it is. i've decided that i'm going to start living by my passions. not to say that i am going to let them skew my sense of right or wrong, but i want to do things because thats what i want to learn more about, or because its something that i want to experience before i die. that being said, i have decided to move to new york in the fall. Its something that i've been thinking about doing for about a year, and lately i can't help but ask myself why i haven't done so already. the tragic thing is that i don't have an answer to that question. i've decided i don't need an answer, i'm simply going to do it. no looking back, no regrets, i'm blindly leaping into the great unknown! September 2010: new york here i come!

No comments:

Post a Comment